We design Web sites for:
Mental Health Professionals:
Psychologists, Social Workers, Psychoanalysts, Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Family Therapists, Coaches, Professional Mental Health Associations, and more.
Developing Web sites for Mental Health professionals. As a former Psychologist, herself, GoodWorx’ Creative Director is especially well suited to understanding the issues that mental health practitioners face in “going public” online. You’re not selling widgets. You’re offering sensitive services to people in distress. In a sense, you’re selling yourself. This requires the touch of someone who understands the ins and outs of the mental health profession— and that of the online world.
Alternative Health Care Practitioners:
- Many “alternative” or “integrative” health practices have yet to gain mainstream acceptance. It’s especially important that your online presence convey a sense of professionalism and substance.
- Many of these “alternative health” approaches require extra explanation to make them understandable and credible. Your Web site can speak for you and do much of the explaining. You will save lots of phone time. And you’ll attract better-informed clients who know what to expect from your work.
- The Creative Director of GoodWorx Web & WordPress Design is a trained Feldenkrais practitioner. If ever there were a discipline requiring lots of explanation, Feldenkrais is it.
- Marcia’s skill as a wordsmith will come in handy as you educate future clients about your work and why it is valuable to them.
- After many years as a sculptor and later a painter of custom-designed rugs (floorcloths), I know that an online portfolio can spell the difference between an artist getting commissions and not. The first Web site I ever built–many years ago– was a portfolio for my custom floorcloth designs.ed not only the rugs themselves, but also the process of designing and creating them.
- A well-thought-out and well-presented online portfolio allows you as an artist–in any medium– to reach out beyond your local community. Your prospective clients can see (or hear or read) samples of your creations before they even make contact with you.
- GoodWorx has had experience designing online portfolios for many different creatives: painters, writers, a film maker, a cowboy poet and American roots singer, and a vocal animator.
Health & Allied Health Professionals:
Nonprofit Service Groups & Social Entrepreneurs:
- A number of GoodWorx’ Web design and maintenance clients are nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations or grassroots social activism groups.
- We have designed Web sites for nonprofit organizations such as: Beth Israel Medical Center (Manhattan) AIDS Clinical Trials Unit, New England Wildflower Society, SOFARUSA, a mental health organization catering to families of military reservists, and American-European Greyhound Alliance (AEGA).
Socially-conscious Businesses & Entrepreneurs